Keeping you safe and at ease
Anti-social behaviour is defined as ‘Acting in a manner that caused or was likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household'. Citta Housing takes anti-social behaviour seriously and works with tenants, neighbours, local authorities, police, support providers and other parties to ensure that it is appropriately managed.
What is Anti- Social behaviour?
The following is a non-exclusive list that includes a number of examples of anti-social behaviour:
- Verbal or Physical abuse
- Fly tipping
- Threatening or intimidating behaviour
- Litter and rubbish dumping
- Pets Nuisance including fouling in public places
- Hate related incidents including racial, sexual and other harassment
- Begging and vagrancy
- Firework misuse
- Noise Nuisance
- Drug dealing/taking
- Alcohol related incidents
- Domestic Abuse
- Prostitution and related activities
Bringing you security in your property
We want to help make a real difference in your area by tackling these issues head on and to make sure your voice is heard. We want your community to be a safer and more enjoyable place to live.
Whether you are one of our tenants or you are a witness making a complaint about one of our tenants, we are here to listen and help in the best way we can. You don't have to worry because all reports of nuisance and anti-social behaviour are treated with complete confidentiality as we take the safety of our tenants and witnesses seriously.
However in some cases we may have to share information with police or social services but we always try to ensure that we ask your permission first and let you know how this information will be used.
How do I report anti-social behaviour?
If you are experiencing any sort of nuisance or anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood, remember it is important that you contact the right people to deal with your case quickly and efficiently.
- Call 999 if you are in immediate danger or concerned for the safety of a neighbour.
- The non-emergency police number is 101.
- Call 0800 555 111 to report suspicious behaviour to CrimeStoppers.
- National Domestic Violence helpline 0808 2000 247
- Contact us to report problems / concerns or ask our staff for more advice.
Do I need to keep evidence?
To help us and any other partner we work with resolve your nuisance or anti-social behaviour complaint in the best way possible, it is important that you keep any sort of evidence which may help with your case. But only if it is safe to do so.
Here are a few things you can do to help:
- Take a photo of anything that could be used as evidence.
- Write down the time and place or any other significant details of when it has occurred.
- Write down the names of any witnesses
- If you have called the police or crime stoppers, make a note of any reference numbers you have been given and the names of any police officers involved.
Contact us here to report any anti-soical beahviour and our housing team will be contact with you.
CITTA HOUSING IS A NOT FOR PROFIT COMPANY, A PRIVATE COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE WITHOUT SHARE CAPITAL.
Incorporated in England Wales.
Registered Company Number: 14134768